Thursday, June 14, 2007

Scorpio Man Does Not Like Pisces Woman

Review Nanja

Preguntas de la Reunión de conexión de los Voluntarios


first ¿Por qué viniste para tu voluntariado / practica / trabajo social a Lima, Peru?
He Venido a Piura, Peru. En el colegio tenia la idea de país por otra Irme a bastante tiempo, to do something different after 14 years of school and to learn about another part of the world, another culture, etc. I had the idea of going to South Africa because I thought it would be easy because they speak English there, but then I noticed how much that would also be an advantage of this experience if you learn a new language. So I decided I wanted to go to Latin America, I read a little about every country and Peru was what interested me most because it is a country with such diversity, such as the coast, mountains and forests, different landscapes, climates, cultures etc. I was with an organization called AFS, I choose which Peru and they decided to place inside the country, which was Piura.


2. How you imagined your stay here, what you'd expect?
know new things, new friends, a different culture and having a new experience. Learn Castilian and try to help a little volunteer work.


3. How is it now for you because you are here (also on your expectations)?

(The experience, the exchange program mid-year was in 2003. He returned in 2005 to travel two months and now I'm in Peru for the third time for my thesis research). It was a time

that really was a new experience, a difficult time in various forms. Hard to start new lives elsewhere and meet new people, difficult to learn the Castilian and difficult to miss my family and friends. But it was also time that I've learned a lot and I had many beautiful moments. I lived with a family and after 6 months really seem like my family, I found new friends, I have traveled and met many beautiful and interesting places, etc. In the NGO where I worked, a shelter for abandoned children. I have learned a lot from them, language and other things, but unfortunately I feel like they have not learned so much from me. I sat very useful, in some ways if I think I've helped a little but not much.


4. What do you have for you at home (experiences, learning etc.)?
I've seen enough poverty and social problems, but also many beautiful things and met other cultures and customs, which is really an asset. I learned a new language, although it was difficult. I learned that I can start a new life in another country, you can start all over again.


5. What would you have done differently, what would you advise other learners?
I think the most important is the language. It is difficult to study before you leave, it is because I also tried but have not done it at last. It's because I was working half a year before and did not find the time to do it, so I came to Peru without saying anything of Castilian, could count to ten, colors and really knew nothing else. I think if I learned a bit more of Castilian that if I could help some more.


6. How could you imagine the mutual support here in Lima?
imagine mutual support and the volunteer are giving their time and work and give him or her is to experience a new place, other cultures etc.


7. Anything you need you'd want to stay here (eg regular meetings, a place of cultural exchange etc.)?
Although not the main reason for coming, I think if it's nice to find or meet with other volunteers to share experience and exchange ideas, but when volunteers from several countries because they are obliged to speak Castilian between them and also an exchange of cultures.


I find it important to dedicate ourselves to the question of sustainability of volunteer work. The impulses that lead you to your projects, work and efforts have begun - how can they be sustained?
I think that each volunteer brings the experience and the project in his heart and mind. But sometimes they do not know how to continue their support, and I do not know, but I think it's important and we must find a way to do it. Perhaps

talking about the continuation of a project is important if the volunteer writes his experience, ideas etc. and leave on the next one coming, so efforts can build.


0 comments:

Post a Comment